Homes in Tucson, Arizona
See all homes for sale in Tucson, Arizona. Is it time to sell? Find out what your home in Tucson, Arizona is worth.
Tucson has been continuously settled for over 12,000 years. Tucson is one of the oldest towns in the United States and was originally an Indian village called Stook-zone, meaning ‘water at the foot of black mountains.’ Tucson supports a rich cultural heritage that contains a unique blend of Native Americans, Spanish, Mexican and Anglo-American influence and much of this can be seen in historical and contemporary architecture.
Along with the great history, Tucson is the perfect place for the outdoor enthusiast. The area has been ranked by many bicycling magazines as one of the top cycling cities in the U.S. for several years and right so as there are more than 800 miles worth of bike paths. Golf is another popular activity with dozens of regional golf courses, five of which are municipally-owned. Tucson is also home to the University of Arizona and Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. Tucson is home to diverse opportunity for all.
Looking for a home in Tucson?
If you are interested in the current homes for sale in Tucson, Arizona click on the link. Our property information is a direct feed from the Tucson Real Estate MLS and is constantly kept up to date throughout the day. If you’re interested in ANY of these homes, contact us at (520) 261-3802 to schedule a showing!
What’s Going on Nearby the Tucson Neighborhood?
Tucson is located roughly 116 miles (1 hour and 46 minute ride with no traffic) via I-10 W from downtown Phoenix. Find out about everything that is nearby to Tucson including places of worship, banking, shopping, attractions, recreation and much more on this map:
Spacious Quality Built Homes
The types of homes you can find in Tucson vary depending on which area you are looking in. Given Tucson historical past and growing future, there many areas with more classic, aged feel and plenty of communities that are newly developed. Values of homes are just as diverse. Majority of available homes in Tucson range form 1,100-2,200 sq ft with many of the higher end properties exceeding 3,500+ sq ft. Home values also vary to area. Southern half of Tucson, homes median value average is $87,000-$109,000. Western Tucson median value is $129,000. Eastern Tucson homes are more on the new and/or large side with the median value being around $214,000-$300,000. In the nicest areas, especially those in golf gated communities, can reach up to$2 million.
What Schools will the Kids Attend?
Being a large city development, Tucson has many districts and schools to offer. They are listed below for your convenience:
[/vc_column_text][vc_accordion title_size=”heading-1″ collapsible=”yes” active_tab=”1″][vc_accordion_tab title=”Public Schools Districts and Area(s) Served”][vc_column_text]
- Altar Valley School District
- Located southwest of the city, primarily serving Three Points.
- Amphitheater Public Schools
- Serves segments of the North Side, Casas Adobes, Catalina Foothills, and the communities of Oro Valley, eastern Tortolita and Catalina northwest of the city.
- Catalina Foothills School District
- Serves segments of the upper Catalina Foothills north of the city.
- Continental School District
- Serves the rural area south of Sahuarita.
- Flowing Wells Unified School District
- Serves segments of the North Side and the Northwest Side along I-10.
- Marana Unified School District
- Serves the town of Marana, Picture Rocks, Avra Valley and western Tortolita northwest of the city.
- Sahuarita Unified School District
- Located south of the city and serves Sahuarita and Arivaca.
- Sunnyside Unified School District
- Serves the far South Side and segments of the Southwest Side.
- Tanque Verde Unified School District
- Serves the far Northeast Side, including the community of Tanque Verde.
- Tucson Unified School District
- Encompasses the central Tucson valley, including the lower Catalina Foothills and segments of the Tanque Verde Valley.
- As the largest school district in Tucson in terms of enrollment, TUSD has 115 schools serving grades K–12.
- Vail School District
- Serves the far Southeast Side, including the community of Vail.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Charter Schools”][vc_column_text]Tucson is home to many taxpayer-supported public charter schools. Admission to these schools is determined by the school’s open enrollment policy, subject to the criteria determined by Arizona statute, summarized by the Arizona State Board for Charter Schools.
- Academy of Math and Science: National Blue Ribbon elementary, middle and high school
- The Academy of Tucson: Elementary, middle, and high school provides an environment that includes all the elements needed for an excellent education: small, safe campuses and classes, a rigorous yet realistic curriculum, highly qualified teachers, friendly classmates, and varied social and athletic activities.
- AmeriSchools Academy: Elementary, middle school,
- BASIS Charter School: A nationally ranked high school.
- Compass High School: Specializing in vocational and arts training.
- Hermosa Montessori School: A nationally ranked, excelling school since 2003.
- La Paloma Academy: An independent, non-profit school that encourages students to learn the 6 pillars of character.
- Math and Science Success Academy: Elementary school, sister school of the Academy of Math and Science
- Presidio School Tucson: National Blue Ribbon elementary, middle and high school
- Rose Academies Public High Schools: Canyon Rose, Desert Rose, Mountain Rose, & Pima Rose have been a Tucson High School for over 15 years, and provides an alternative education setting in order to meet the unique demands of students.
- Satori Charter School: An excelling school since 2005.
- Sky Islands Public High School: Offering an integrated curriculum with a focus on ecosystems
- Sonoran Science Academy: A nationally ranked college prep high school and an excelling school since 2003.
- Southern Arizona Community Academy: An accelerated, self-paced high school.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_accordion_tab][vc_accordion_tab title=”Private Schools”][vc_column_text]Tucson has several private schools:
- Desert Christian Schools (AZ): A faith-based, for grades K-12.
- Fenster School: A boarding and day school
- Green Fields Country Day School: Southern Arizona’s oldest independent school
- International School of Tucson: Independent school with an accelerated learning program and bi-lingual education for preschool through 5th grade, near the University of Arizona Campus.
- Kino Learning Center: A school that serves grades K-12 and follows the Progressive Education philosophies of A. S. Neill.
- Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic School
- Pusch Ridge Christian Academy: A faith-based,school for grades 6-12.
- Salpointe Catholic High School
- San Miguel High School: College and Career preparatory high school located in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Tucson.
- Saint Augustine Catholic High School: Grades 9-12
- St.Cyril School of Alexandria: Grades K-8
- St. Gregory College Preparatory School
- St. Michael’s Parish Day School: Highly regarded as one of the most economically advantaged schools in the valley.
- Tucson Hebrew Academy: Been awarded Blue Ribbon School of Excellence status.
- Tucson Waldorf School.
- University of Arizona: Established in 1885; the second largest university in the state in terms of enrollment with over 36,000 students.
- Pima Community College has ten campuses.
- Arizona State University
- The College of Public Service & Community Solutions has conferred Bachelor’s of Social Work (BSW) and Master’s of Social Work (MSW) degrees for more than 30 years through its School of Social Work Tucson component.
- Tucson College has one Tucson campus.
- Brown Mackie College has one Tucson campus.
- Brookline College has one Tucson campus.
- University of Phoenix has four Tucson campuses.
- The Art Institute of Tucson has one campus.
- Prescott College has a Tucson branch campus.
- Northern Arizona University has a Tucson branch campus.
- Arizona School of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine.
- The Art Center Design College has two Tucson campuses.
Now You Really Want to Find a Home Here, Right?
If you are interested in the current homes for sale in Tucson, Arizona click on the link. Our property information is a direct feed from the Tucson Real Estate MLS and is constantly kept up to date throughout the day. If you’re interested in ANY of these homes, contact us at (520) 261-3802 to schedule a showing![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]